“A friendly and relaxed atmosphere, this volunteer role gives me a good balance to uni. I have gained more work experience in marketing.”Xuan | Hull
A bit about yourself
Currently, I am doing my master’s in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Hull. Since February 2018, I am volunteering for Working for Health. I came across this position through a volunteering fair at university.
Your volunteer role and responsibilities
Role: Marketing Volunteer
- Creating marketing material such as posters, flyers, business cards, etc.
- Assistance in preparing promotional events, fairs, etc.
- Contribution to service development
- Promoting the work of the organisation and its services
Why did you want to volunteer at Working for Health?
Basically, I was searching for experiences and another challenge outside of uni. At home, in Frankfurt, I volunteered more than two years as a German teacher for refugees. It gave me a lot of fun. In Hull, I was looking for another great experience again where I could apply my skills.
How did volunteering at Working for Health benefit you?
Firstly, it helps me to gain more work experience in marketing.
Secondly, my CV would benefit from this experience.
Thirdly, this volunteer role gives me a good balance to uni.
Tell us about a moment that stood out for you whilst volunteering
Why would you recommend volunteering at Working for Health?
- Relaxed work climate
- Friendly and open-minded staff that is open for new ideas
- Low hierarchies
- Independent working and own responsibilities
- Flexible working hours